Peat Pellets-18mm-expandable-10 pellets
Expandable peat pellets offer an economical and convenient solution for growing seeds. These pellets are made from 100% natural peat. Peat pellets help plants grow and adapt better to the conditions in new sites.
Plants sown on peat pellets develop a thicker, stronger root system than those planted in plastic pots, because they can grow through the peat. This makes the seedling more resistant to weather conditions like cold and drought. The peat pellets may be used not only in large area farming and fruit production but in home gardens, too.
The peat pellets grow bigger after watering. Their small measurements do not occupy much space in storage nor during transportation. The peat is covered with a mesh netting, that prevents them from changing shape while expanding. Our peat pellets are suited for all plant types - vegetable seedlings, ornamental shrubs, fruit trees, and any other seeds you want to grow.
Each pellet is 18 mm in diameter and each package contains 10 pieces.
- Place the pellets in a tray or bowl.
- Slowly pour warm water into the bottom of the tray/bowl until the pellets expand to around 7 times their original size. Pour off any excess water.
- Pull netting open at top of pellets and sow your seeds.
- Cover lightly and firm down gently.
- Place clear lid over tray/bowl and place in a warm spot away from direct sunlight.
- When the first sprout appears, prop the lid open a little. Remove lid entirely when all seeds have germinated.
- Add water to the tray/bowl when the pellets start to turn light brown, but don’t over-water.
- Gradually expose the tray/bowl to full sunlight and when the plants are strong enough, plant out in the garden or a container.
- Plant deep enough to cover all of the pellet, firm down and water thoroughly.
Please note: we do not send items to WA, Tas, or Intertnationally.